Friday 28 June 2013

Petits Secrets by CB

I don't think Petits Secrets by CB should stay a secret. 
It's a truly fabulous idea that I can't stop telling people about!

Petits Secrets uses up-cycled fabrics to create one of a kind underwear - each one completely unique. I've sent some of my own unwanted clothes to be up-cycled and it's amazing to see them now as part of the current collection. Photos shown here: a new lease of life for my pyjamas!

It's all hand-made and each item has a tag telling you what clothing item it's been made from. I love the idea of unwanted clothes being turned into something new, and the fact that nobody else will ever have exactly the same design. Most items also have a matching sleep mask so you can siesta in style!



I think it's important for us all to think a bit more about where our clothes come from and to be prepared to pay a bit more for ethically-produced, eco-friendly products. Many of us have been horrified recently by the news story about the Primark factory in India, but the truth is that many high-street brands produce clothes in conditions we wouldn't be comfortable with if we knew the truth. A truth that is readily available but to which I and many others prefer to turn a blind eye rather than give up our bargains.

I'm no saint in this area but perhaps if I also choose to support more independent, British brands then I can consider myself a bit more of a responsible shopper - albeit with some way to go.

Celine also makes items to order so you can also send your own fabric and choose what you like to have made. It's the kind of treat we all deserve! All the pieces are beautiful, sexy and super comfortable - time to start lounging in style instead of slumming around in my old trousers at the weekend.

P.S. If you send clothes to be upcycled you'll get 15% off your order - now that's too tempting to resist. I'm off to raid my wardrobe for a custom order.....

http://petits.secrets.celinebakshi.co.uk/
(with thanks for the use of their beautiful photographs)

No comments:

Post a Comment