Wednesday 12 June 2013

Green Days at the Bedford Park Festival

This is just a really quick post about one of the reasons I love living in Chiswick and one I felt very strongly at the weekend.

There's a really strong sense of community here and I've never felt so much a part of it as I did at Green Days on Sunday - part of the fabulous Bedford Park Festival.

Gymboree had an area in the Children's Corner with a play area for the little ones and an art station for kids to drop in and make a flower headband to take away with them.

We had over 40 little people stop by for some fun on Sunday afternoon and had great fun meeting new parents and catching up with many we hadn't seen in a while. It still gives me a shock to see how quickly they grow up - the lovely twins I remember from class a few years ago are now 7 years old!

There's a wonderful community atmosphere at the fete and it's an amazing feeling that my business is now part of that community. I've been meeting lots of other local business owners, many of whom I'm looking forward to working with over the coming months. Everyone is so welcoming and supportive - I feel very lucky.

It was truly a village dream of a fete with all sorts of fabulous food, crafts and live music. I felt really sad when the day was over!

We were also selling the gorgeous baby and toddler clothes from Victoria Grace Clothing - sneak pic here but their online Etsy shop well worth a look. If you're local we'll be selling them at Gymboree all of next week.

A very happy day and looking forward to many more over the summer. My very biggest thanks for the organisers for asking us to be involved.

For more information on the Bedford Park Festival please visit http://www.bedfordparkfestival.org/

To see more of the gorgeous creations from Victoria Grace Childrenswear please visit https://www.facebook.com/victoriagracechildrenswear or http://www.etsy.com/shop/VictoriaGraceClothes

No comments:

Post a Comment